The heart of your home is your boiler. It aids in the smooth functioning of your life and has a significant impact on your level of comfort. Because of its significance, it’s critical that your heating system be kept in peak working order to satisfy your needs. Knowing how long your boiler will last and recognizing when it’s time for a replacement is an important part of caring for it. See how long your boiler should endure in the table below.
When it comes to boilers, how long do they last?
A boiler’s average life expectancy is between 10 and 15 years. To keep your boiler running for as long as possible, you should make sure it is regularly maintained. We’ve listed a few things you can do to extend the life of your boiler below:
- Invest in a dependable system – Choose a boiler that has been designed to be dependable and efficient. You don’t want a temperamental system or a boiler that breaks down frequently. Some of the industry’s most well-known brands include Worcester Bosch and Ideal. We install boiler systems from both of these brands at Kildare Plumbing & Heating.
- Select a boiler that meets your requirements – You’ll need to make sure your boiler is the proper size for your home (in terms of kW output). Installing a boiler that is too small can put too much pressure on the system, causing frequent breakdowns and shortening its lifespan. A boiler with too much power, on the other hand, could result in exorbitant energy bills. To assist you in selecting a proper boiler, you should seek the advice of a heating professional.
- Ascertain that the work is carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer – Conducting gas work on appliances such as boilers by someone who is not qualified and competent is prohibited, not to mention dangerous. By enlisting the assistance of a trained engineer, you can extend the life of your boiler by avoiding any blunders that could result in its premature replacement.
- Create a yearly service. – This is highly recommended for your boiler’s upkeep and health. Your boiler, like your automobile, requires regular health checks to ensure that it is operating efficiently and safely. This visit may also aid with the detection of any concerns that could lead to costly damage in the future. As part of the terms and conditions of most manufacturer-backed warranties, you must schedule a yearly service.
Tip Alert: Having a system Powerflush (chemical flush) performed before to any new boiler installation and having the water quality evaluated on a regular basis will assist to extend the life of your boiler system. Visit our “What is a Powerflush” page to learn more about central heating Powerflushes.
- Repairs should be made as quickly as feasible – Procrastinating a repair will only make things more difficult for you and your boiler. You’ll be without heating and hot water, and the condition of your boiler may deteriorate. Our trained professionals are on hand to assist you with a professional repair. Kildare Plumbing & Heating aims to attend to your heating needs as soon as possible.
- Keep an eye on your central heating and notice any strange changes – you’ll typically be able to tell when your heating system isn’t working properly. If your boiler’s performance has changed in any way, you should contact a heating professional as soon as possible so that any problems can be identified and fixed.
When should your boiler be replaced?
Even if your boiler is still working after 10-15 years, it’s time to start thinking about replacing it because its efficiency will have decreased. A new boiler could be able to supply you with greater heating and hot water. You may even save money on your energy expenses by installing a new boiler ** that is more energy efficient.
The following are some indicators that it’s time to replace your boiler:
- Boiler breakdowns and repairs are common
- An expensive repair
- Strange noises
- Leaks in the system
- Heating and hot water on demand
- Radiators take a long time to warm up
- Energy bills that are excessively high
- Strange odors emanating from the boiler
- Replacement parts are difficult to come by or are no longer produced
- Your boiler simply isn’t up to the task
- Obtaining a new boiler
If you require a new boiler, Kildare Plumbing & Heating can assist you with every step of the process. From assisting you in selecting an appropriate model to completing a top-notch boiler installation, we’ve got you covered. Find out more in the sections below.
The price of a new boiler
When it comes to purchasing a new boiler, cost is likely to be one of the most important considerations. We understand this at Kildare Plumbing & Heating, and we strive to give you the best offer possible. Try Kildare Plumbing & Heating free estimate tool to see how much your new boiler installation might cost. Simply answer a few questions about your heating requirements, and your free quote, which includes a recommendation for a suitable replacement boiler for your home, will arrive in a matter of minutes. More information is available on Kildare Plumbing & Heating new boiler page.
Advantages of a New Boiler
If you have an outdated, inefficient heating system, you’ll immediately realize the difference a new boiler can make!
Here are a few of the benefits of installing a new boiler:
Heating and hot water quality has improved.
- Improvements in energy efficiency
- Carbon footprint is reduced.
- Reduced energy costs**
- Get peace of mind by investing in a dependable system.