- For new gas boiler upgrades and installations, see our boiler replacement guide
- Is it time to replace your old boiler with a new one?
- How to get the most suitable new boiler for your home
- Replacing out a certain boiler type
- Replacement of a gas boiler
- Replacement of a gas boiler on a regular basis
- A gas boiler can be used to replace a combi boiler.
- Why acquire a new combi boiler?
- Replacement of a system gas boiler
- How much does it cost to replace a boiler?
- Replacement of an old combi boiler with a new one
- New boiler financing options are now available
- Warranty on a new gas boiler
For new gas boiler upgrades and installations, see our boiler replacement guide
Boiler replacement or new boiler purchasing is a once-in-a-ten-to-fifteen-year investment. For a warm and happy home, it’s critical that you choose the correct replacement boiler.
The cost of a new boiler varies greatly based on the model and type of boiler you need, as well as the property where the gas boiler replacement will be installed.
To assist you, we’ve put together this handbook that covers all you need to know. Use the table of contents above to get the answers to your specific problems, or continue reading for comprehensive boiler replacement guidance.
This tutorial will teach you how to choose the greatest new boiler for your home.
Learn more about how we identify the signs of aging boilers, different types of boiler replacements, new boiler quotes, boiler replacement deals, and new boiler installation pricing in the sections below.
Is it time to replace your old boiler with a new one?
Some older boiler models can last for many years with appropriate maintenance, but if you’re reading this, it’s probable that you’ll need a new boiler soon.
It’s sometimes necessary to bite the bullet because repair costs can quickly mount, especially if you don’t have a boiler protection plan.
Here are several signs that your boiler needs to be replaced:
- Your current boiler is beyond repair (BER). In these situations, getting a new boiler is frequently less expensive than getting it fixed. You’ll also save money on your heating expenses with the new boiler.
- Frequent faults that need having it serviced more than once a year or multiple call – outs suggest it’s becoming costly, and replacing it is the best solution.
- Energy efficiency – If your current boiler is expensive, it will cost you more gas in the long run. A new boiler would be the greatest option in this situation.
- If you are selling or renting your home, installing a new boiler can raise the value of your home. If you rent it out, your tenants will appreciate the lower energy expenditures. A new boiler will usually increase the value of your home.
- Your boiler is dripping – If leaks are costing you money in call outs, an expensive boiler may be the best long-term replacement for you.
- Moving the system – If you want to relocate your existing boiler, it’s usually best to get a new boiler instead. Upgrading your heating system would be less of a hassle and usually the best solution.
If you’re having any of these significant problems, it could be time to retire your old boiler and replace it with a new one.
How to get the most suitable new boiler for your home
The type of new boiler that is suitable for your home is entirely reliant on it. A little Dublin flat with one bedroom, for example, would require a different replacement boiler than a five-bedroom property in Mayfair.
We’ve compiled a list of the most important characteristics to look for when replacing a combi or gas boiler.
1- Use of hot water:
A conventional boiler will be more efficient for large families who consume a lot of hot water. A combi boiler is ideal for a home with fewer residents.
2- Size of the house:
We can install combi boilers in a home with less space because they don’t require hot water cylinders. Depending on the size of your home, see our recommended replacement boiler size table.
3- Compatibility with solar water heating:
If you use solar to heat your water, you should be aware that many combi boilers are incompatible and inefficient with this type of heating system. If you have any questions, please contact us. Many antique gas and oil boilers are nothing more than boilers with hot water cylinders in the airing closet and cold water tanks in the loft.
When replacing a normal boiler or a system boiler, the hot water cylinder should be able to stay with the new boiler installation.
In the United Kingdom, combi boilers are the most prevalent. Combi boilers, sometimes known as ‘combination boilers,’ are a single-unit system that fits within a kitchen cabinet.
A combi boiler is ideal unless you have a large demand for water from many taps at the same time. In this scenario, a normal boiler would be preferable.
Replacing out a certain boiler type
Now we’ll look at different boiler replacement choices. The boiler in your property should be one of the following types. Before diving into our in-depth tutorial, have a look at our replacement boiler summary table.
Replacement of a gas boiler
Kildare Plumbing and Heating bread and butter is a new gas boiler replacement.
Every year, we replace thousands of gas boilers around Dublin, all of which are gas boiler replacements because we do not offer oil or electric boilers at this time.
It’s critical to get the greatest gas boiler for your home, and Kildare Plumbing and Heating can help you find the best replacement options for your home type in seconds.
Below are several replacement boiler possibilities, and we go over the many sorts of new boiler options in further detail; one will undoubtedly be perfect for your home.
Replacement of a gas boiler on a regular basis
Heat-only boilers, often known as ordinary boilers, are traditional systems.
Hot water is stored in a cylinder, while cold water is stored in a storage tank in these variants.
Regular boilers produce hot water more effectively than combi boilers and can simultaneously supply water to several taps.
The feed and expansion tanks, as well as the circulation pump, are housed as exterior components.
There is usually an on/off switch on these. This allows you to heat the water in the storage tank ahead of time when you know you’ll need it. When it’s not in use, you’ll save electricity.
- Large homes benefit from traditional boilers.
- Multiple taps can be supplied with a large amount of hot water at the same time.
- It can be difficult to replace a traditional boiler with a combi boiler.
A gas boiler can be used to replace a combi boiler.
The most common type of residential boiler system registered in Dublin is combination boilers, commonly known as combi boilers.
They provide rapid hot water as well as effective Kildare Plumbing and Heating.
When you ask for hot water, a sensor tells the boiler to start burning gas, electricity, or oil.
- External components are not required for gas combi boilers, making them appear sleek and compact.
- Without the need of cold water or a feed and expansion tank, hot water is provided on demand.
- They are less expensive to install than standard models.
- There are more internal moving parts, which means there are more possible failures. Repairing these faults may be more costly than with a traditional boiler.
- A combi boiler system can only supply hot water to one user at a time. Combi boilers are less suitable for larger homes because of this.
Why acquire a new combi boiler?
There are numerous reasons to upgrade to a new combi boiler. The first is that the Energy Saving Trust estimates that you can save €340 per year on your gas expenses.
You may pay for your replacement boiler in a matter of years simply by purchasing a new combi boiler. Getting a new combi boiler has never been easier, especially with rising energy costs.
If you need some assistance deciding on the best combi boiler replacement, we have guides available, or you can receive a set price online by clicking here.
A new combi boiler is straightforward to install and takes about 4-6 hours for a Gas Safe engineer to complete from start to finish.
However, if you want to replace a water tank with a combi boiler, you’ll need a gas boiler replacement system boiler because you currently have a system boiler. Unless the hot water tank is quite old, it is rarely necessary to replace it.
Change a system boiler to a new combi boiler by following the steps below:
Replacement of a system gas boiler
Closed vent boilers are sometimes called as system boilers.
If you prefer a heat-only boiler with fewer external components, they are ideal.
External components are built into the body of the heating system, similar to a combi boiler.
A hot water cylinder is included in system boilers, but the feed and expansion tanks are supplemented by an expansion vessel in the new boiler.
The circulation pump and valves are housed in this compartment.
- System boilers are ideal for large households where warm water is required for multiple tasks at the same time.
- They don’t take up the same amount of room as a traditional new boiler.
- In places with low water pressure, system boilers are extremely efficient.
- They’ll need somewhere to store the heated water cylinder.
- The cost of installation is higher than with standard combi systems.
- They are less efficient than combi systems because they lose heat from the hot water cylinder’s stored water.
- After the hot water has drained from the cylinder, one must wait for it to heat up again.
How much does it cost to replace a boiler?
An upgrade to your boiler is a fantastic investment for your Dublin house. Whether it’s a combi boiler, a system boiler, or a standard boiler, they all have a place in different sorts of homes.
We provide regulated and authorized payment options to ensure that you can afford whichever new boiler you select. Replacement costs will vary depending on the new boiler you choose and our intake examination.
To give you an idea, a traditional gas boiler replacement plus thermostatic radiator valves in Dublin will cost roughly €2,300 before additional individual radiators are factored in.
Replacement of an old combi boiler with a new one
Combi boilers are less expensive than standard boilers since they are less complex.
The cost of your combi replacement, on the other hand, will be determined by the amount of labor required to install the model of your choice.
New boiler financing options are now available
Don’t be concerned if the cost of your new boiler overwhelms you. There are numerous options for financial behavior.
With 0% interest-free financing, interest-bearing credit, and monthly payment options approved by the Financial Conduct Authority, you can get a new boiler today.
Warranty on a new gas boiler
For your safety and peace of mind, we use our vetted and trusted Gas Safe professionals to handle all of your boiler replacement needs.
Some of our old boiler replacements are installed by our trusted subcontractors during our busy months.
We guarantee that all of our engineers will work with the utmost professionalism and safety.